Burst Pipe Plumbing
A burst pipe can occur when you least expect it. No matter how well you maintain your home, a disaster could still be waiting to happen. When you discover a burst pipe, your actions will determine how big of an impact the damage will be to your home.
Some Simple Steps to Avoid Disaster
Before you give us a call, there are some simple steps you can take to avoid further damage to your home:
- Step 1: Locate and turn off the water at the main – your water meter should be at the front of your property. Turn the lever into the ‘off’ position to prevent water flowing to your home.
- Step 2: Turn on taps throughout your home. This will allow the water that is still in the system to run out from a different area than the burst pipe.
- Step 3: Clean up any excess water and remove any of your belongings and furniture from the area. This will protect your items and minimise the damage to your home.
- Step 4: Call Aegis Plumbing for a fast and affordable service for your burst pipe
Reasons Why You Have A Burst Pipe
There are many reasons why you may encounter a burst pipe in or around your home. Such causes may be any of the following:
- High water pressure; this will place too much stress on the pipes and joints.
- Pipes may have been installed incorrectly.
- Old Hot Water System; fittings may have loosened over time, and harsh weather.
- Frozen Pipes – when the temp drops below zero causing the water to freeze in the pipes. The frozen water expands and puts strain on the pipe.
- Clogged/Blocked water pipes; debris of any kind will cause the build-up of pressure.
- Accidental Damage; from gardening or a renovation.
We have the skill, knowledge and experience to deal with all types of burst pipes. So, avoid the hassle of a burst pipe in your home today and call Aegis Plumbing.